RE: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."

Subject: RE: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GreatPlains -dot- com>
To: "'Rick Ramsey'" <rick -dot- ramsey -at- east -dot- sun -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:59:07 -0600

Just you watch what you say about North Dakota! My rage will enable me to
not allow my fingers to release their grip from your throat, until lack of
oxygen enables your spirit to leave your body! (Does anyone notice how using
"allow" and "enable" takes the punch out of things?)

Well, probably not. We North Dakotans are usually a phlegmatic lot.

Besides, everyone knows you use the Format>Font command to change kerning...

Regards,
Roy M. Jacobsen
Documentation Supervisor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest
Fargo, ND 58103
USA

"[The Y2K bug] was sorta like dodge ball. You hardly ever get hit by the
ball you see." -- Patricia Jacobsen (age 12)