A little help with a little survey

Subject: A little help with a little survey
From: Lmrye2 -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:16:35 EST

I have been subscribing to techwrl for almost a year now. From all the
comments and help that this community offers to its list holders, this site
is truly a treasure trove of information from the working professionals. I
have been learning a lot from all of you. I would like to learn more, and I
need your help to complete a project. I am finishing my certification in
Technical Writing from a local community college this semester. If some of
you would not mind responding to me off line (that way we won't garbage up
the site) to the following questions concerning Framemaker, I would greatly
appreciate it. I especially would like to hear from a couple of you folks who
regularly battle it out, (you KNOW who you are!) your comments are always are
something to look forward to because you do not hold anything back.

Please answer only if you are a current, or recent user of FrameMaker.
1. What does your company do? (manufacturing, consulting, training, software
development, banking, insurance underwriting, etc.)

2. How many FrameMaker users at your place of business?

2a. What other programs does your company have available to you to help in
your writing?

2b. Did you have any input on the selection of software to help you in your
job?

2c. If no, if you DID had your choice, would you have picked FrameMaker (if
it was up to you)? Why or why not?

3. If you are an independent, what business is your typical customer involved
in?

3a. If you are an independent, what other programs do you use to maximize
your
productivity in conjunction with FrameMaker?

3b. As an independent, do you specialize in specific types of documentation?
Would you mind sharing them with me?

4. What types documents do you produce using Framemaker?

5. How long have you been using Framemaker?

6. I had read somewhere that FrameMaker is a good tool for a novice technical
writer to use. Do you agree with that statement?

6a. What is the biggest problem you see with FrameMaker?

7. What is your experience using the following software for developing
documentation?

Microsoft Word

Ventura

Word Perfect

Quark

PageMaker

Thanks again, for your help, I'll let you know what my grade is. And if you
know anyone who would like to give TW (in the northern Chicago suburbs) who
has a background with 15 years of Administrative Assistant experience, a BA
in Communication, and soon to be certified in TW with a 4.0 average, have
them email me! (whoa, was that an ad? no...was it? No...)

Lynn M. Rye