RE: Do Users Refer to a Table of Figures?

Subject: RE: Do Users Refer to a Table of Figures?
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:39:47 -0500

Connie

My take is that there are some who WILL always look for the list of table
and figures. I know I still do.

I wrote a document for National Cash Register (NCR) that was heavy in tables
and figures. This document was used by the 1-800-xxx-xxxx response center,
development group, and field service technicians. In the process of
developing this document they insisted on having the list of tables and
figures so that they could quickly find the information presented in the
tables.

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of this email
are mine and mine alone.  They are not the thoughts, ideas, and/or
opinions of any past, present, or future employers, or any group that I
might belong to."