Ghost Writing/Publication Credit

Subject: Ghost Writing/Publication Credit
From: Kelly Parr <KParr -at- c-bridge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:10:43 -0500

I need your advice.

I wrote an article that will be published in an e-commerce magazine in May.
Although I did all the research and 90% of the writing and editing (before
it went to the publisher, of course), someone else's name will be in the
byline as the subject matter expert (which he *is*).

I knew this when I accepted the assignment. My question is this? Can I
ethically/legally claim that article as a piece of *my* published work? Or
does my name need to appear in the byline before I can accept credit?

Thanks
Kelly

Kelly Parr
Technical Writer