Re: illegal to discuss/set rates

Subject: Re: illegal to discuss/set rates
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:51:33 -0600

> I am only trying to follow up because
> a friend who runs a list for writers told me there is some law against
> setting rates and we have to be sure not to cross that line when discussing
> rates, or something bad happens to the list itself. Like I said, this is all
> super hazy, so I am trying to find a source of what the real deal is.

I would guess that your friend is a member of HWG or heard this from someone who
is. Visit http://www.hwg.org and look for information on why they don't allow
discussion of rates on their list.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc