Re: Curious printing problem (PRN files)

Subject: Re: Curious printing problem (PRN files)
From: "Chris Jackson" <crassick -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- wowfabgroovy -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:26:49 -0500

A year ago, I had a hell of a time taking a 250-page Word 98 file into PDF
because of tables. The PDF file would not print correctly on a HP printer
(4si, I believe). I spent days and days on this, working with Adobe and MS
support. The only thing that worked was to replace all of my custom tables
with autoformat tables. The custom tables weren't anything complex, just
thinner gridlines. I believe the problem is Word's inability to to handle
complex docs (I don't mean to resurrect one of those threads!). There's a
lot on this for both Mac and Win Word in the www.MacFixIt.com forums (search
for "Word 98" and read the "Word 98" thread). I'd say that if your gray is
not part of the autoformat, turn the tables to autoformat and see if that
helps.

I'd be curious to hear what you find out, considering that I've had more
problems with tables corrupting files in Word just recently. And I can't
wait to dump Word if and when we go to XML.

Chris Jackson