RE: portfolio questions

Subject: RE: portfolio questions
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: R Greenberg <roxanne_98 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:55:32 -0600

I have never heard of a limit on the length of a portfolio
piece. Most of the technical writers I know or have
interviewed cart around full-length manuals with them
as samples. I have a little notebook with short samples
in plastic envelopes--and I carry around the big books, too.

Unless your company has restrictions on what can
be shown outside the company, you should be able to
show any work you have done. It is a different story if
you are a contractor. Then you should get permission.
I have always made it a practice to keep one copy of
any work I did for my portfolio.

Kay Robart