RE: Don't be a tool

Subject: RE: Don't be a tool
From: "Mike Starr" <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:10:13 -0600

Unfortunately, that comment was not mine. Matter of fact, I doubt that I
would have said that. My general experience has been that the hard part is
getting the development/engineering staff to understand that I serve a
useful function and that I understand their concerns and that we're working
on the same team. When we arrive at the point where the development team no
longer considers me either a glorified typist or an adversary, we can get
some great things accomplished.

Mike

Mike Starr - WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator
Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher - MS Office Expert
Telephone (262) 694-0932 - Pager (414) 318-9509 - mailto:writstar -at- wi -dot- net