RE: Word 97 to PDF question

Subject: RE: Word 97 to PDF question
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Linda McCulloch-Smith'" <LMcCulloch-Smith -at- lgc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:02:51 -0800

Hi Linda --

I've been using Word 97 SR-2 and Acrobat 4 for the last couple of months
with minimal problems.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but the installation
instructions for Acrobat 4.0 state very firmly that you should uninstall all
previous versions of Acrobat and Acrobat reader before installing Acrobat
4.0. I don't have the details available. I do remember that I installed 4.0
using the custom install and chose just about everything. (love that new,
big drive!) Let's see -- I think I also remember something to the effect
that if you uninstall an old version after installing 4.0, you'll have to
reinstall 4.0.

Another thought: I found that after I'd uninstalled Acrobat 3 and installed
4, I still had the Distiller 3 printer installed. After I deleted it from my
printer folder, it stopped showing up as an option in my Word printer list.
Doubt that's your problem but I mention it, just in case.

When I'm creating a pdf file, I just click the pdf button on the toolbar
(equivalent to File > Create Adobe pdf) and it comes up with a dialog box
with a bunch of tabs. It comes with distiller pre-selected. Depending on my
choices in boxes and whether I have a custom distiller job option file (I
do) I can customize all sorts of things including bookmarks.

Hope this helps.

--Meg

[ message snipped]