Re: Useful Lessons For New People

Subject: Re: Useful Lessons For New People
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Rick Ramsey <rick -dot- ramsey -at- east -dot- sun -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:45:18 -0500

Rick Ramsey wrote:

> Lisa,

<snip>

> Personally, I believe every company should hire young writers. Japanese
> culture values young minds for the innovation, enthusiasm, and willingness
> they bring to a company. Not everyone in America agrees with that strategy
> or with the value of those qualities. Forget about them. You go right
> ahead and walk into every job confident in the value of what you bring, and
> though you'll have a lot to learn, don't for a minute think you don't have a
> lot to offer old geezers like me who think we know it all.

There is a need for both the young and the young at heart. If any
company followed your advice and hired the young to the exclusion of the
more experienced, they would be in clear violation of the age
discrimination laws.

--
Peter

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig.
You soon realize they both enjoy it.