RE: SUMMARY: Readability studies on fonts--serif and sans serif

Subject: RE: SUMMARY: Readability studies on fonts--serif and sans serif
From: "Egelstaff, Julian" <Julian -dot- Egelstaff -at- Cognos -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:41:29 -0500

True, the browser settings will override, but most users accept the default
settings either because a) they expect the person who made the page to have
some particular intent about the look and feel which said user wants to
experience, or b) the user doesn't know that they can goof around with the
defaults, or c) the (l)user is not capable of goofing around with the
defaults.

So, I would recommend you always include some font information in your
documents (preferably in your style sheets, as Sandy pointed out).

--Julian
(Speaking for myself, NOT Cognos)