STC listservs? (Plus, call for articles for the Science SIG)

Subject: STC listservs? (Plus, call for articles for the Science SIG)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:22:17 -0500

Andres Heuberger has <<...recently heard about an "STC listserv." Does
anybody know where I can find info on this and where I can subscribe?>>

You can probably find information on the various discussion groups sponsored
by STC at their Web site (www.stc-va.org), but the best source of
information is via the various special interest groups (SIGs) that STC
operates. You have to be an STC member to join, and you have to pay a $5 SIG
membership fee to join each SIG (and gain access to its discussion group),
but once you've joined, you can usually find signup information in the SIG's
newsletter or the welcome letter you get when you join.

If you're interested in the Scientific Communication SIG, drop me a line;
I'm currently running the discussion group and the newsletter, and may end
up falling into the role of SIG manager too. And even if you're not a SIG
member and want to contribute to the newsletter, drop me a line; I'm always
looking for good articles.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Hofstadter's Law: The time and effort required to complete a project are
always more than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's
Law.