Query: terminology for spin boxes

Subject: Query: terminology for spin boxes
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:18:31 -0800 (PST)

In the windows-based ap I'm documenting, we have a
filed with little up and down arrows at the end; you
click on the arrows to flip through the range of
available options. My Microsoft Manual of Style calls
the field a spin box, but doesn't say what the little
arrows are called

In some documents I've edited here, these are called
spin buttons; in others, spin controls.

I'd like to standardize my terms (horrors!) - which is
more correct?



Becca Price

beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)
becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com (secondary address)

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.

Previous by Author: QUERY: question mark icon on toolbar button
Next by Author: RE: ? Edward Tufte Course on Presenting Data and Info
Previous by Thread: RE: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches
Next by Thread: Power Point and PDF

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads