delivering updates: WAS manuals w/o chapter #'s

Subject: delivering updates: WAS manuals w/o chapter #'s
From: "McIntosh, Cathleen" <Cathleen -dot- McIntosh -at- vistacpg -dot- com>
To: "'wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com'" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>, "'FrameUsers.com FrameMaker Discussion List digest'" <framers -at- lists -dot- frameusers -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L digest'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:56:51 -0600

To Walden and others, I ask "How do you deliver updates?"

For example, if only one section of the document has changed, do you send
only that new section? Or do you send along with it a new table of contents
and index? With our system, usually one change affects other parts of the
system; thus, other sections of the manual are affected. So do you send
those sections as well? I think we are using binders to facilitate modular
updates, but I'm not sure of the practicality of that. When even one change
affects so many other areas of the manual, wouldn't it be best to just send
a new PDF file of the whole thing?

Cathleen McIntosh