RE: MS Word Master Document

Subject: RE: MS Word Master Document
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- mainsaver -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Sybille Sterk'" <sybille -at- wowfabgroovy -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:35:29 -0800

> ----------

I've heard people say this before but I've bever had any trouble with page
numbers or the Index when using RD fields. Ever.

> BUT it seemed the much
> easier option compared to using Word's master document feature, which at
> that time didn't work most of the time without screwing up something. One
> other disadvantage is that you can't use the RD field to put page
> references to other files, e.g. if you want to refer to a particular topic
>
> in another file. This either has to be done manually or not at all.

Quite true. You can refer to other topics in the same chapter, but not
elsewhere in the book, at least not with links or specific page numbers. I
rest content with directing the reader to a heading in the chapter, and
trust they'll use the ToC to find it.

Maggie Secara
secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com

"All the world's a stage, Mick, but some of us are dreadfully
under-rehearsed."