Re: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches

Subject: Re: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:16:44 -0600

> Truth be told, NOBODY ever completes 98% percent of a project (or any
other
> high percentage) and then stops.

While it might be argued by some pedants that this statement is true, it is
undeniably true that people complete 98% (or less) of a project and then
*ship.* Work may or may not continue on the remainder; ergo, version 1.1.

In an ideal world, everybody has a well-defined job description which is
never under any circumstances deviated from, and there is always sufficient
time and resources available to produce high-quality docs. SMEs always make
themselves available to explain their largon and decisions in detail,
return reviews in a timely manner, and always implement good user interface
suggestions. Market pressures never result in premature ship dates.

If you've found such a place, email me a pointer quietly, please. Don't
send it to the list; we don't want to start a stampede.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224