City & Guilds Certificates

Subject: City & Guilds Certificates
From: Louis de Carteret <LdeCarteret -at- Fusion-Systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:01:08 -0000

Hi All

I'm a UK based technical author. I have no "relevant qualifications" in the
field as I have learnt everything I know by getting my hands dirty. I'd like
to get some sort of formal qualification and have been looking at the City &
Guilds Certificates in Technical Communication Techniques (5360-001) and
Technical Authorship (5360-002). Do any listers out there have any
experience of these courses or any open learning centres that offer them?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Louis de Carteret