Re: Word/HTML help

Subject: Re: Word/HTML help
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:57:26 -0500

I'm not sure what problems you're having. I have Netscape 4.08 and Word
2000. I don't normally use HTML out of Word, so I had to experiment a bit. I
used a manual I'm writing in 2000, about 90 pages, and without any of the
default tags used in it.

Word threw a huge HTML document, and it didn't look nearly as good in
Netscape as it did in its native environment, but it was completely readable
and reasonably good. The size of the HTML doc was due to the massive numbers
of style sheets it had to generate. They were all internal, and there were
two levels of them. I must have a dozen pages of them alone.

Still, Navigator didn't trash the file. What does it do exactly?

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com