RE: F1 for help

Subject: RE: F1 for help
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'Becca Price'" <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:25:35 -0500

> From: Becca Price[SMTP:becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com]
>
> When implementing F1 for help, is it always
> context-sensitive or can it call up the Find tab for
> the help file?
>
> I checked this out with Word 97 and Excel 97 - I got
> that smarmy little paperclip and a list of topics that
> (sometimes only marginally) related to the dialog box
> that was open, and the option to enter another
> question. I'd really hate to call up that paperclip
> character (whom I hate with a passion), but I'm not
> sure what the standard currently is.

Smarmy paperclips not withstanding, I just ran through the MS Office 97
Suite of programs as well as Windows 95 and several of its subordinate
programs. I also checked out VISIO and MS Exchange. Only in MS Exchange
seemed to interpret <F1> as a context sensitive key. The others gave me the
dialog. FYI, I killed the smarmy paperclip some time back.

Tom Murrell