Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kandres -at- UDel -dot- Edu>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:40:12 -0500

sorry, it must have been a long day for me-- because i keep wanting to add
things. and no, it's not because i'm a bad tech writer and didn't organize
my information-- but, maybe because i didn't gather enough information
before i started typing.

i have a certificate in tech writing. plus a bs and an ms. the certificate
program was only offered to people who already had a 4-yr degree. it is a
very well-recognized and respected program. it includes a semester-long
internship. real-world experience. all of my professors have PhDs and
publish frequently and have tons of real world exp. believe me, i know the
difference. i have been in academia. universities are full of them. my
professors taught me valuable skills. our successes are theirs.