Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:05:39 -0800 (PST)

> Many non-tech writers find Frame archaic and
> difficult to use. I can quote

And I'm not a programmer....does that mean that Visual
Basic Developer Edition is an archaic program?

I'm surprised that the stance is being taken in
putting down a program without placing it in the
context of where its strengths are.

I've used both with success. Under the right
circumstances, I'll pick one or the other.

Would I pick Frame to write a 5 page memo? No.
Would I pick Word to create a documentation set made
up of 3,000 cross-referenced and related pages? No.

However, I don't consider FrameMaker a religion. OTOH,
I know of people that consider anything created by
Gates to be of comparable stature.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com