RE: FW: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees -Reply

Subject: RE: FW: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees -Reply
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guy -at- nstci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:56:28 -0600

> Bill Sullivan wrote:
>> Chuck Martin was told:
>> Technical communication is not a discipline, it is a job title. It's just
the title given to people who write how-to books for corporations.

>>> It's happens. People study hard, practice hard, work hard and worry
hard, and when their stuff gets put up there in the public eye, other
people, cynical people, people who don't know, people who don't know what it
is to lose a night's sleep over what they write, say there is nothing to it.
Anybody could do it. Heck, they said the same thing about Picasso. If you
make it look easy you've done your job well.

1. Picasso we ain't.
2. We're lucky if our stuff is read.
3. Losing sleep over this stuff? Hmmmm... not me, I'd rather be dreaming
about my next vacation.

Guy McDonald
guy -at- nstci -dot- com