Re: trademarks

Subject: Re: trademarks
From: ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com (Erick Kandl)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:15:39 -0600

Using any of the trademark sites would be a good start, but be aware
that all trademarks may not be listed on a given site. When a company
uses a registered trademark (R), that mark is on file with the
government and can be easily found. When a company creates a trademark
(TM) and uses it with a product/service, there is no paperwork filed
for that mark; the company itself should have some reference for when
they started using the mark. Just keep in mind that even if you don't
find the TM for which you are searching, someone may already be using
it.

Erick Kandl
ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com

Subject: trademarks
Author: "Susan Kirsch" <susan -at- virtualcyber -dot- com> at Internet-Mail
Date: 3/28/00 7:26 AM

Long ago and far away I watched my (then) documentation manager look up a
site on the Web and report back to me that a particular name was or wasn't
"taken."

I also think the site specified if the name was TM'ed or (c)'ed or whatever.

Would anybody know the address of said site?

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Mastering FrameMaker 5 -- reprints now shipping:
http://www.FrameUsers.com/masteringframemaker.shtml

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com