RE: Need another word for "enterable"

Subject: RE: Need another word for "enterable"
From: Brian Clements <bclements -at- fpix -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:01:32 -0600

I think "active" is used pretty commonly to refer to fields which can accept
input, which seems to be what you're after.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hartzer [mailto:BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 1:06 PM
Subject: Need another word for "enterable"


I need some help. A techy SME type insists that "enterable"
is an acceptable term for use in technical documentation.
I'd like to use something else, but can't come up with anything.

Here's an example:
All enterable fields should have a white background.

Is there a better way of saying this?
We're documenting software programming standards.

Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer/webmaster
CHA Systems, Inc.
2711 LBJ Freeway
Suite 172
Dallas, TX 75234
phone: 972-484-0756 ext. 228
email: bhartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com

Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Mastering FrameMaker 5 -- reprints now shipping:

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: bclements -at- FPIX -dot- COM
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-9753F -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: Education for tech writers
Next by Author: Re: a vs. an
Previous by Thread: RE: Need another word for "enterable"
Next by Thread: Re: Need another word for "enterable"

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads