Re: backward PDF

Subject: Re: backward PDF
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:44:12 -0500

It's probably a setting in the print driver, but here is a workaround if she can't find where the problem is:

1. In Acrobat, Export EPS for the page where the table is.

2. In Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw (or some other vector drawing program), open the EPS, select the table, flop it, and create a new PDF.

3. In Acrobat, using the object selection tool (arrow, hangs off the text selection tool foldout menu), select the old table and delete it. (If it doesn't select cleanly this way, it may be necessary to use the text selection tool to select each line of text and delete it before using the object selection tool to select the table rules and deleting them.)

3. Open the new PDF, select the table, copy it, and then paste it into the document where you deleted the old table.

HTH,

Dick