User's First Choice for Help

Subject: User's First Choice for Help
From: beverly_robinson -at- datacard -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:17:24 -0500

I vaguely remember some posts a while back about what the typical user does when
he/she has a question about an application. If i remember correctly, checking
the Help
system or Manual weren't as popular as asking the person at the next desk or
calling the Help Line.

The archives at Cambridge Publications aren't working for me and I can't even
connect to Oklahoma State. Does anyone remember those posts? Please send me
(directly) any hints on finding them or information on formal published studies
on the subject. (I tried searching the STC journal article database, too, but
had no luck there, either.)

Thank you for helping,
Beverly