RE: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: RE: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Melanie Shook <mshook -at- com2001 -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:35:15 -0500

Bruce Byfield [mailto:bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com] wrote, in part:
<the other manager was
so frustrated that he leaned forward, pointed a finger at the
candidate and said, "We're not going to hire you. Here's why.">

I love this. I actually wish that every hiring manager would do this, even
when not frustrated. This person may have been too obtuse to take the
advice, but most people would probably benefit. I've had interviews that I
thought went great, but didn't get the job, and I'd love to know why,
especially if it's something I can correct.

Melanie Shook
Technical Writer
COM2001.com
(405) 419-7032