RE: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: RE: Advice for Job Seekers
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:31:40 -0400

One of our favorite questions to ask interviewees is "what are the three
best and the three worst traits of your former managers?"

One candidate we interviewed a while back, when asked, proceeded to go into
great detail about the six or seven *worst* traits of her former managers.
She never mentioned a single positive thing.

I thought about asking her to tell us some positive traits, but then decided
she'd given her answer, so I'd let her stick with it. Needless to say, we
didn't hire her.

[Very interesting thread, by the way. I'm enjoying the responses a lot. Some
of these stories are incredible!]

Lydia : )
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer