Separate HTML files with link to each other vs One big HTML file with drop-down and expanding hotspots

Subject: Separate HTML files with link to each other vs One big HTML file with drop-down and expanding hotspots
From: Esther Asham <esyasham -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings everyone,

I am currently creating an on-line help for a
web-based application using RoboHelp HTML Edition.
I grouped my files in separate topics.
I need advice on structuring the files.
* Whether to create separate HTML files for each
sub-topic and link them together
or
* Create a huge HTML file with expanding and drop-down
hotspots for every sub-topic
or
* Another approach altogether.

Also I will be switching from RoboHelp HTML edition to
RoboHelp 2000, should I expect any problems or be
watchful for anything during the transition?

Appreciate you help in advance

Esther Asham

http://im.yahoo.com