Re: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: Re: Advice for Job Seekers
From: jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com
To: Perry_Moore -at- themoneystore -dot- com
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 19:30:37 -0500

At 01:31 PM 4/4/00 -0700, Perry_Moore -at- themoneystore -dot- com wrote:

I agree, satan is a woman. I just left a TW job because of one. I am sure she
bad mouths me when a potential employer calls her. The other TW also left.

I'd be really surprised if she did. In the US, a former employer must be extremely careful about what they say about a former employee. However, if this person is being contacted by potential employers, all she need say is "Yes, this person worked here" and make no further comment. That alone tells an prospective employer that they were not happy with your performance.
If you really suspect this former manager is giving you a bad rap to prospectives, check it out. You may have grounds for legal action.

regards,
jarnopol