RE: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: RE: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:06:46 -0400

Several people have suggested asking interviewees about differences with
previous bosses.

Is there any remotely acceptable way to allude to a boss whom even HR
described as "a congenital liar" (and whom the Vice Chairman termed
"evil"), and/or to one who was very unethical (and, with whom I locked
horns on my very first day when she directed me to go around and cover up
the pirated software on all the computers to hide it from the auditors,
which I flatly refused to do), who was subsequently fired for embezzlement?

In other words, if I honestly answer the question, I'll sound like a pious
goody two-shoes. However, the fact remains that I have been blessed with a
large number of absolutely perfect bosses (and am still close friends with
some of them), and that the only people with whom I couldn't get along were
liars and/or crooks.

Many thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)