RE: How Skilled Are You?

Subject: RE: How Skilled Are You?
From: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:54:14 -0400

I agree that the skillset should command more than Senior Tech Writer pay,
if the individual in question is supposed to be their Web Server
Administrator, Developer, AND Tech Writer.

Seems like their emphasis is not on writing at all, but on web
server administration, with an ability to DESIGN documents (not develop
content). There is no mention of content development whatsoever here. What
cracks my up is that they think that "6 months experience with Web
development of a Microsoft NT environment" will result in the skills they
expect.

They should have listed for a web server administrator, with web
page development skills.

Shows how loosely the term "technical writer" is used in practice.