Still Learning

Subject: Still Learning
From: "EXT-Hornoi-Centerwall, Theodore" <Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:03:38 -0700

Fellow techwhirlers,

Everything is a learning experience.

I have just discovered that the formatting of text in Exchange does not survive transmission. The text that I showed as struck-through (stricken-through?) when I sent it out, now is just the same as the other text, so that the result of my changes to the original steps for doing a PDF are gobbledy-gook. Oh, well.

The gist of what I was trying to say, is that the PRN file extension is created by default, usually, when print-to-file is selected (at least from Word97) and then it is a simple matter of opening Acrobat Distiller and opening the PRN file, which automagically is used to create a PDF file!

That's all...

Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer
Cotelligent
Theodore -dot- Hornoi-Centerwall -at- PSS -dot- Boeing -dot- com

The opinions I express here are mine, and mine alone.
All the best,
Ted Hornoi-Centerwall
Technical Writer
CAS-CADE and CATIA Small Apps (6-6C11)
425-477-4421 7-311.1 1C13-1.2 MS 6F-06
http://www-ads.ca.boeing.com/w&e/index.html

Extensible User Interface Language (XUL). Rhymes with "drool".
Plays well with Gecko. Is Netscape getting ready for a (gasp)
comeback?? Stay tuned.