re: Knock it off

Subject: re: Knock it off
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:35:33 -0400

At 04:03 PM 04/06/2000 -0400, Donkeyxote -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
>I politely disagree with the assertion that this list is not a
>proper forum for noting mistakes in grammar, spelling, and
>usage. We are, after all, writers, and mistakes made in postings
>here may very reflects we make in our professional documentation.

The problem with that is that most of us are very busy people. Whereas we
may be happy to take time to try to help someone, we DON'T have time to
painstakingly check for grammar and syntax.

I have ghost written for presidential advisors, written monthly columns,
written numerous training manuals, etc. For THOSE (and for professional
correspondence),
I take the time to do the best job of which I am capable.

However, I simply do not have time to check the spelling and grammar of
everything I post or E-Mail. When reading other people's posts/messages, I
assume that any errors are attributable to haste, rather than illiteracy --
and would hope that others would show me the same consideration.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)