Documenting SDKs

Subject: Documenting SDKs
From: Pam Naumann <pnaumann -at- idirect -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:17:27 -0400

Hi all:

Can anyone recommend any reading material (paper or virtual) on documenting
Software Developers' Kits? Any general information will be good,
but if you want to know the specifics of the documentation, here
it is:
This is not going to be a full blown SDK. It is for a scripting language.
The user must fill in some C++ classes to define Network Resource
Objects at one of the lower levels of a network.
There will be 2 types of users:
* One will be comfortable with C++, but not familiar with the particular
hardware.
* The other will not be that comfortable with C++, but really know
their hardware.

Oh, one other little detail: My programming background is pretty
rudimentary! :-) I am quite excited about the challenge of this
project.

Thanks much,
Pam Naumann
Toronto.