RE: If this ain't fun it...

Subject: RE: If this ain't fun it...
From: Bonita White <bwhite -at- mr -dot- marconimed -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 14:37:33 -0400

Samuel,

I can't top that, but I have one you can add to the list of "If this
ain't fun,
I don't know what is!"

Monday--I go in to check the change log for my software and realize that
they
have changed all my buttons--all 50 or them--and their function. I make
the
changes on Monday.

Tuesday--I read the change log and see that they have changed the user
interface because the button changes they made don't fit anymore. I
make the
changes.

Wednesday--I check the software to make sure that the changes in the
change log
actually reflect what the software does, so I test my documentation.
Everything
is working. I make a few minor adjustments and I submit the chapter for
review.

Thursday--The lead software engineer returns his review copy with not a
mark on
it and says to see the other software engineers for their comments. I
check
with them. He made them change everything back to to way it had been on
the
previous Friday, before the button and user interface changes. At 8:30
I go
home--mind you I had been there since 7:00 am--relativly sure that the
software
would be changed again when I can in on Friday; but too tired to cry.

Friday--The engineers review the chapter and sign off but I am too
sleepy to be
excited.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Bonita