re: Access Survey

Subject: re: Access Survey
From: "John Prince" <JPrince -at- e-talkcorp -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2000 11:08 -0600

Mark Dempsey wrote:

"I'm trying to make a usability survey database using Access. I'm really
uninterested in learning Visual Basic and all the other items I need to
do this, does anyone out there have a survey in Access they can e-mail
me (so I can simply plug in *our* questions)? I'd appreciate it."

-I don't have a survey in access, but I do have something similar in VB. It's
not that difficult to do (a survey) and if you like you can e-mail me off list
and I'll be happy to help.

"Failing that, has anyone used the shareware surveying tools out there?"

This isn't shareware, but have you tried SPSS? I still have my student version
from college, so I'm not sure how much it is.

"Any recommendations?"

Does your company own a copy of Authorware? If so, you can create a survey in
Authorware and use its ODBC driver to connect Access. You can send and
extrapolate the information with simple SQL statements. In addition, you can put
the survey on the web and connect to a SQL database using the MySQL driver. You
set up your datasources just like you were using your local, and your set. It's
also free! You can find it at http://www.mysql.com

John Prince
Senior Technical Writer
e-talk Corporation