RE: Need to write-protect parts of a document...or image

Subject: RE: Need to write-protect parts of a document...or image
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Secara, Maggie'" <secaram -at- mainsaver -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:52:00 -0400

Hi Maggie:

I went to that site in IE5 and downloaded quite a few picts, for testing
only. Some of the message boxes I saw were only a warning. Double-click the
picture to enlarge it and right-click|Save as to download. Others are
"protected." Apparently there is some JavaScript at work, offering
"protection." By viewing the home-page source, I found this:

// No rightclick script v.2.5
// (c) 1998 barts1000
// barts1000 -at- aol -dot- com
// Don't delete this header!

Thus, I'd e-mail barts1000 -at- aol -dot- com for more info about the script.

Anyway, if you disable JavaScripts, you should be able to bypass this
protection and download the "protected" files, anyway. I didn't try it, but
I recommend you test with Opera's web browser, which offers fewer automatic
options, more customizable web options, and less JavaScript support:
http://www.operasoftware.com.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com