Manuals for Morons

Subject: Manuals for Morons
From: "Johnson, Mike (MED, OEC)" <Mike -dot- Johnson -at- amermsx -dot- med -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:28:26 -0500

It's a waste of time to write manuals for morons. Morons don't read
manuals, warning labels, stop signs, or anything else in print. Most of
the time even icons won't get their attention.

I write for folks who are desperate for information and are reading the
manual - often as a last resort. But at least they're reading. I try
to keep things short and simple and easy to find. Boy is that hard!

Happy Wednesday!

Mike Johnson
GE OEC Medical Systems