Re: Microsoft Manual of Style

Subject: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style
From: "Lindsay Burrell" <lburrell -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 05:35:30 -0700

>Also, the Microsoft MoS is, as
>style guides go, well-produced and generally supported by usability
testing,
>feedback, and marketability factors. They've got the bucks to do it. This
is
>not to say that it doesn't have its quirks.

I'll say. The quirk (in the most recent version) my colleague at work was
showing me last week was to do with "navigate". Look it up: The word
"navigate" is "to be avoided" when moving from frame to frame, window to
window or (no kidding) web page to web page.

Instead, we are to use the word "explore".

Now, who do you suppose <that> is aimed at...?