RE: Performance Appraisal Dilemma

Subject: RE: Performance Appraisal Dilemma
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Pumphrey, Steven M.'" <Steven -dot- M -dot- Pumphrey -at- pmusa -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:55:16 -0400

Steve,

You mean after we pick ourselves up off the floor from laughing so hard? It
sounds like your management team is tragically pointy-haired. Seriously,
though, you are in a bind, cause you obviously see drivel for what it is,
but drivel is what your managers feed on.

I'd edit the heck out of it. For example:
Showed initiative and concern for his teammates when he researched and
implemented a MAC-to-PC conversion process for macros. Found creative
solutions by using diverse tools to accomplish the task with minimal
supervision.

Or something to that effect. You get your key words in there, referring to
core values without using 150 words to do it. It would also show your
ability to be concise and direct.

I really wish you well.

Connie Giordano