RE: Job Selection Dilemma

Subject: RE: Job Selection Dilemma
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "SusanP" <susanp -at- astound -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:28:27 -0400

Susan asks about making a decision between two good job offers.

Susan, you didn't say anything about the people at either company. Do you
know anyone at either company? How did they seem during the interview? Did
you get a warm fuzzy from the people at one company, but not the other? Or
was one at least warmer/fuzzier than the other?

I ask about the people, because the people you work with make such a
difference in your job. IMHO, it's worth the extra 15 minutes to drive to a
job with people you like, respect, and who respect you. (To me, it's also
worth it to make less money and work with great people, too.) It's hard to
know much about the people you'll be working with just from an interview, I
know, but even a gut feeling on this might help you with your decision.

The things you bring up (distance from home, etc.) are all things you will
have to weigh based on your personal preferences. You can adjust your
schedule for the longer commute, get used to driving on a highway, etc., but
do you want to do so? Only you can answer that.

Just my $0.02. Good luck!

Lydia : )
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer