Re: "parallelize"

Subject: Re: "parallelize"
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
To: "Scudder, Beth" <beth -dot- scudder -at- retek -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:33:09 -0400

Well, even if you do find it in a dictionary, it sounds like a terrible
word, and I suggest that any "workaround" probably reads much better
than the original.

1. Draw two parallel lines

2. Parallelize two lines.

Note how example 1 has a meaningful verb, whereas example 2 leaves us
wondering what the sentence could possibly mean. I suspect that even
more abstract usages of "parallel" do not render the verb "parallelize"
any clearer. Go with your instincts on this one.

Chris Kowalchuk