RE: Technical writing salaries

Subject: RE: Technical writing salaries
From: "Mary Choy" <mchoy -at- sirius -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:30:09 -0700

I think 3 years counts as senior in today's market. It also depends on what
you've churned out in those 3 years.

Re: salary, I've had about 3 years experience and was offered $75,000 in San
Francisco. I left a position as a regular tech writer (not senior) about a
year ago, at around $69,000 in the far East Bay of Northern cal.

cheers,
/mare