Re: web page comments

Subject: Re: web page comments
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:57:44 -0700

Dear Wade,

I visited your web site. I wasn't sure if you wanted input on your
articles or the site. I decided to provide input on the site.

* My preference is for columns or at least a shorter width for
reading a web page. You should also place more space between
the paragraphs (use a <P> instead of a <BR> to get the effect).

* Because most people skim a page (usually reading the first
heading and the first couple of sentences before moving to the
next web site, you might consider telling the visitor what kind of
writing you are "spicing up" first. It isn't until the visitor
moves down the page before he/she discovers your wide breadth of
writing skills. (Maybe move your Writing Samples section to the
top - this would save some space because you wouldn't have to put
the links at the top and next to the photo.)

* If you are also a photographer, you should also state this. Some
publishers like getting a writer and photographer in the same
package. If you are a photographer, then putting the photo at
the very top is also an eye-catcher for those entering your site.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

-Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com