Re: PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:20:23 -0500

Photoshop LE is photoshop without the color separation filters. (Or at
least that's what it was a few years ago.)

PS LE is more than enough to do non-print photo editing, and even a lot of
print editing.

A lot of scanners come with PS or PS/LE. I don't know of *anyone* who paid
full price for PS. We used to have a license for it just sitting around
here unused, even.

I prefer it to Paint Shop Pro; I like the interface and it seems faster to
me (though I'll admit this is subjective, I haven't done any in-depth
timing of it). Especially now that it comes bundled with ImageReady.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224