electronic portfolio

Subject: electronic portfolio
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>
To: "TechWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:07:46 -0400

I'm working on an electronic portfolio, and I'm having a
bit of trouble with the links. The start page is html, to be
opened in a browser.
I've got links to a WinHelp file and a demo created in
DemoShield (as well as html pages).

The problem is that clicking on those links opens the Windows
warning message: "You have chosen to download a file....."
asking if you want to Run the program or Save the program.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent this? It would be
nice if the help file would just open and the (runtime) demo
would just start!

Also, if you have an electronic portfolio on CD, do you leave
it behind at an interview?

Thanks for any help,
Jessica

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.