Migrating from Word 2000 to FrameMaker for a Publishing Tool

Subject: Migrating from Word 2000 to FrameMaker for a Publishing Tool
From: Patricia Robertson <probertson -at- Frictionless -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 16:11:33 -0400

Hi---
I'm contracting in a startup B2B. Engineers have written most of the
current documentation, and I have had the lucky task of publishing
mini-documents in Word 2000. I will be getting FrameMaker + SGML 6.0. The
plan is to transform Word docs to Frame. In addition to the editing and
writing I do in Frame, other folks will need to access and edit these docs
in Word. I've already created same name styles for templates in Word and
Frame. That should handle the original conversion of Word docs to Frame
docs. At the moment, I think I can store Frame docs in .rtf docs, which can
then be edited for content only in Word. Is this a feasible plan?
I would very much like to hear of the minor roadblocks, encountering a
fallen tree across the path, to the major roadblocks, stepping on a land
mine. Thanks.
---Patricia Robertson
Information Design & Delivery
Somerville, MA