RE: Re[2]: Screen Capture Software (was PaintShop Pro vs. Photos

Subject: RE: Re[2]: Screen Capture Software (was PaintShop Pro vs. Photos
From: Sara Schertz <SSchertz -at- InterfaceSoftware -dot- com>
To: "'Harry Hager'" <hhager -at- dttus -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:17:39 -0500

Actually, HyperSnap has this ability too. Very cool.

Sara Schertz

Author: ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com at Internet-USA
Date: 4/20/00 4:31 PM

Nancy C Kendall wrote:
> A good screen capture and manipulation software is CaptureEze Pro
> (www.screencapture.com). At $39.95US it's something to consider.
>
> Although you can import/export a variety of formats, I don't believe it
will
> do transparent backgrounds. Of course, I haven't had the need so haven't
> tried.

Of course, the "enlightened-self-interest" approach to picking a
screen capture program is to choose either SnagIt (www.techsmith.com)
or Hypersnap-DX (www.hyperionics.com). Why's that in your enlightened
self-interest? Because they're both really good products and
because they're advertisers on TECHWR-L and, as such, help make
this forum available to you.

I'd check them out first.

Note: We've used Hypersnap for years--for all the screenshots in most of our

books--and started using Snagit when it appeared packaged with RoboHelp.
We'd be recommending them even if they didn't advertise here.

Eric

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by 4Translation.com, Language Translation Simplified.
Instant on line quotations and free samples available for technical
documentation. http://www.4translation.com Any File...Any
Language...Anytime

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: sschertz -at- interfacesoftware -dot- com