Re: Editing PDF Files

Subject: Re: Editing PDF Files
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:29:11 EDT

I prefer to copy and paste the contents of the .PDF file into a new
Word document and do my editing there.

Use Edit, Paste Special, Formatted Text (.RTF) when pasting
the text into Word.

Use the Tables tool to copy tables, the Columnar text tool to
copy columns, and the graphics tool to copy graphics.

I've tried Illustrator but, with large documents, it hiccups
before I get done.

Corel Draw poses more problems than it solves, as does Canvas.

There's also a product called Aerial.

Jim Groark

From: ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com (Erick Kandl)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:17:48 -0500

Margaret.Mall:

"Just had a questions from a co-worker. What can one do to edit a PDF file?
Is
there an application that will let me, for example, get a graphic from a
PDF
file?
I thought I heard that there is a software application that let's you edit
PDF file. If anyone knows a quick way to do this and/or the name of the
application, I appreciate hearing from you."

***
The tool you want is Adobe Acrobat (used to be called Acrobat Exchange).
This
is the authoring copy of Acrobat. I'm assuming that you are using Acrobat
Reader to view the PDF now. If all you want to do is "get a graphic" from
the
PDF, you can select and copy it in Reader and paste it in another document.
If
the author blocked this feature in the security options, then you're out of
luck. Feel free to contact me off-line for more information.

Erick Kandl
ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com